"Error Message: Message did not meet security requirements"

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Tue Nov 26 09:06:59 EST 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Mariam wrote:

> With this setup I'm getting "Error Message: Message did not meet security
> requirements" error.
> There is no any error in my "idp-process.log" file.

Simplest thing that causes that error is clock skew.. make sure both
your IdP and your SP are using NTP to set their respective clocks.

You should also increase the logging in your logging.xml file to
DEBUG for now.

> If I uncomment
>
>                <metadata:MetadataFilter
> xsi:type="metadata:SignatureValidation"
>
> trustEngineRef="shibboleth.MetadataTrustEngine"
>                                requireSignedMetadata="true" />
> filter I'm getting "Metadata root element was unsigned and signatures are
> required." error.

Leave all that suff (and other things) alone until you know what they do.

<https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPTroubleshootingCommonErrors>

------
thanks
  kevin.foote