Can't get testshib to work with my new SP

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Wed Nov 6 15:46:16 EST 2013

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, Mike Reynolds wrote:

> The only problem I can think of is if shibd is somehow grabbing the virtual
> server's internal 192.168 ip address, but I have "UseCanonicalName On", and
> AFAIKT all the traffic and metadata to/from testshib is properly using the
> external ip address sandbox.lib.washington.edu.  So what am I doing wrong?
> The shibtest site isn't broken or anything, right?

TestShib is not broken.. The error message is correct.

The entityID on your file is such ...

<md:EntityDescriptor xmlns:md="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"
ID="_657cf08a6730ac2e70ce094b8262cdf79ce25120"
entityID="https://sp.example.org/shibboleth">

You need to fix up your entityID

A) so it is unique :-)

B) so the IdP knows what metadata to use when communicating with your
service.

------
thanks
  kevin.foote