Configuration Invalid, Not sure how...

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed May 29 12:20:33 EDT 2013

On 5/29/13 12:06 PM, "Nicholas Geyer" <ng at gluu.org> wrote:

>We have a Shib SP setup on Windows 2003 R2 w/ SP2. The logs are showing
>the following message (specifically this was after a shibd.exe -check
>command)
>
>2013-05-29 09:49:40 FATAL Shibboleth.Config : caught exception while
>configuration is invalid, check console for specific problems

I would have hoped the log would actually report what it was trying to
load at the time, but from eyeballing it, the problem is the UnixListener
element, which is not supported on Windows.

You have a very, very old file with a ton of obsolete information in it
and deprecated settings. Strongly suggest you redo this starting from a
2.5 config anyway.