How to change relying-party.xml config location dynamically

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 23 20:33:26 EDT 2013

On 7/23/13 8:21 PM, "Yaowen Tu" <yaowen.tu at gmail.com> wrote:

>I hope it is better to change the source code directly, because most
>likely it will be a generic place, once I change it, the same place
>holder can be applied to any ConfigurationResource values that defined in
>other places.

No, I'm saying you need to write a plugin implementing a new type of
ConfigurationResource, like any other Spring extension.

You should not patch existing code to do this. That won't be maintainable,
at least while 2.x is supported.

And no, there is no place to do it. Every resource plugin type implements
its own syntax and logic, there's no single place to change behavior, and
it wouldn't even make sense since not all of them are file system paths
anyway.

>So can anyone give me some hint about where it is?

I told you, the existing plugins for that interface are in the resource
subpackage in shibboleth-common. Using those to create your own in a new
extension jar should do what you need.

I thought for some reason you had done some work on a custom login handler
so were familiar with extensions. If you haven't written any extensions,
then you're going to have to learn a lot to do that, I can't really do
more than point to the wiki and the contributions people have made that
implement plugins for other APIs.

Please use the dev list for further questions about this.