Instanciating an EntityDescriptor object

Wessel, Keith kwessel at illinois.edu
Mon Jul 22 14:53:13 EDT 2013

Hi, all,

I'm back on my mission of a fancy IDP logout page that lists the service names from metadata of sessions that the IDP still believes to be active. I've hit a stumbling block with my limited knowledge of the underlying classes, though. I've got the ServiceInformation objects for each of the SP sessions the IDP knows about, and I want to create an EntityDescriptor object for each one in turn so I can parse out various UI elements from metadata.

First, is this the right way to go about this?

Secondly, I can't find any hints on the available constructors for the EntityDescriptor class. I found out the hard way that it won't take a string containing the entityID as returned from ServiceInformation.getEntityID(). What tricks do I need to do to take the information from the ServiceInformation object to build my EntityDescriptor object?

I've used the code available from the wiki for doing something similar with the centralized discovery service, but that has a provider object to pass into the construction of the EntityDescriptor.

Thanks for any help,
Keith