Issue with URL re-direct after IDP authentication - signing Assertion

justin9 justin9 at ymail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:47:04 EDT 2013

Hi,
I using Shibboleth for authenticating with an IDP for my ASP.net
application.
I configured the Shib and i get redirected to IDP, i login and I get
redirected to my app.
The next step proposed by my IDP was for me to send my certificate so the
Assertion can be signed and encrypted.
I sent my certificate bought from entrust to my IDP, I added the new
certificate path and certificate key path to by shibboleth2.xml.
then as suggested by my idp i added the below to my shibboleth2.xml
signing="true" encryption="true"

<ApplicationDefaults id="default" policyId="default"
entityID="https://dev.myapp.com/shibboleth"
                         REMOTE_USER="eppn persistent-id targeted-id"
signing="true" encryption="true">

now what happens is when i login to my site url -
https://dev.myapp.com/testsite, i get redirected to my IDP and after i login
i see the below error page and the saml redirect doesnt happen.
Untitled.jpg
<http://shibboleth.1660669.n2.nabble.com/file/n7588400/Untitled.jpg>

I checked with the IDP and MY shib log and found that the Signature from IDP
doesnt happen.
The funny thing is while on this error page if i type my url again
(https://dev.myapp.com/testsite), the saml post happens and the signature
from the idp happens.

is the a reason why this doesnt sign at the first attempt. so i need to
configure anything else.

thanks and appreciate your time.