IdP Software Testing

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 2 15:10:36 EDT 2013

> Is there any documentation on what procedures or test scenarios that
> is used by the developer community to sanction a release of the
> IdP (either major or minor)?

No, not really. Chad handled releases until 2.4 and Brent and I handled the last one. There is no framework for testing of a black box style in the code base, so the only way to test behavior is by running it. I ran it in production at OSU for a couple of weeks prior to the release, and if I did another I would probably do something similar.