Reg: shibboleth identity provider login page

Michael A Grady mgrady at unicon.net
Wed Feb 6 14:31:05 EST 2013

Were (Unicon) planning to contribute a sample login page (testing it a bit more this week) for the next IdP release (2.4) that has a responsive/adaptive design to it, meaning it will gracefully adapt to a variety of screen sizes (at least up to a point). Using a design like that can remove the need (or at least minimize it) for login pages specifically designed for laptop/desktop versus mobile device.

On Feb 6, 2013, at 1:19 PM, Cantor, Scott wrote:

>> On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Prasanna wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to have 2 sets of login page. one for PC's and another for
>>> mobile version.
>>
>> Yes this is possible.. You will need to modify or build your own
>> LoginHandler..
>
> I guess you could, but I assume the OP is just talking about look and feel. Isn't customizing the JSP file sufficient for that? Is the web so irretrievably broken that none of the standards for adaptive design actually work?
>
> -- Scott

Michael A. Grady
Senior IAM Consultant, Unicon, Inc.