commercial cert for idp

Paul Hethmon paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com
Thu Dec 19 11:47:12 EST 2013

You are referring to the certificate used to sign the SAML Responses to the SP (vendor)?

If so, my suggestion is to tell them to go suck an egg. Buying a certificate signed by a CA adds no security to the self-signed certificate you have now. They should be exchanging metadata with you by an out of band procedure. Trust is established by that procedure, not by buying a certificate.

Paul