Reverse proxy/ADFS/REMOTE_USER

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Mon Dec 16 13:35:26 EST 2013

On 12/16/13, 1:28 PM, "Jason Gauthier" <jgauthier at lastar.com> wrote:

>I thought this would be an easy Apache win by using a RequestHeader and
>setting REDIRECT_REMOTE_USER based on REMOTE_USER.
>This should satisfy the backend, but the new header is blank as well.

I thought REDIRECT_ had something to do with mod_rewrite. I think I would
avoid something fraught and pick one that's generic to test with.

I also know nothing about PHP so I can't tell you anything about foibles
with header access and naming.

>Is there anything specific I need to do in shib in this regard?

Nothing except making sure REMOTE_USER is actually set, and possibly worry
about module order (which Apache doesn't guarantee, so I'm not sure how to
deal with that).