IdP won't start

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Dec 4 13:23:49 EST 2013

On 12/4/13, 12:45 PM, "Etan Weintraub" <eweintra at jhmi.edu> wrote:

>      <ApplicationManagedConnection
>      jdbcDriver="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"

Is that a pure Java driver? I know it's for Sybase/SQL Server/etc, but
just wondering if any native freetds issues could be involved.

>I¹m not positive that the error is in here, but as it¹s the last thing I
>see in the logs when I have them turned up to DEBUG, it¹s the best bet
>I¹ve got.

The driver hanging seems like the most likely culprit to me, that's what
the validation step does.

If patching or reboot was the cause, a firewall issue locally is the only
thing that really comes to mind.