Providing attributes from CAS

Mosior, Benjamin BEMosior at ship.edu
Mon Apr 8 12:59:20 EDT 2013

Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 12:54 PM On Behalf Of Stein, Eric
> Okay, so whatever I can convince CAS to put in will come out of Shibboleth with no further tinkering?
> Does Shibboleth put the username in by default, or do I have to flip a switch somewhere? If by default, how do I see it? I'm dumping all the headers, attributes, etc from a shibbolized app, and I don't see it.

As Scott mentioned, CAS will by default pass the username to the IdP (as defined in the LoginHandler). To deal with the other attributes, you could just define a DataConnector for your authentication backend (whatever CAS is using) in the IdP's attribute-resolver.xml. With that method, Shibboleth just looks up the attributes you define based on the username it already has. That's probably easier than trying to figure out the configuration to pass other attributes from CAS. We've been doing things that way without any sort of issue.

Benjamin Mosior