ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool

Andy Bennett andyjpb at knodium.com
Fri Sep 21 11:13:16 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

>> Login with both accounts works. However, if I log in with one account,
>> log out (by deleting the shib cookie from the app domain) and then log
>> in with the other account, most of the time (but not quite always) I get
>> the following error:
>
> If it's reproducible, it would be useful to get a trace of the HTTP
> traffic in the case that's failing and open a bug with that. I mean a
> trace, as in a packet trace, every single byte that's being sent by the
> client.

Everything's over HTTPS so I might have to set up Some Infrastructure.
It's definitely reproducible tho so I'll see what I can cobble together.

> Is it failing during the POST step, or are you getting logged in and then
> seeing the error during the next request? What do the logs say?

It's during the POST to SAML/POST.

Is there an easily available knob for this? I posted everything that got
logged: it was just those two lines.

>> Can anyone offer any hints for how to debug this or where the problem
>> may lie?
>
> You found the description, that is what the problem is. There's data
> coming in that's being assumed to be ASCII or UTF-8 and isn't, and it's
> not being armored by the remoting process.

OK. I'm more suspicious than that tho' because it only happens between
two logins to different IdPs: never on the first login and I can't think
how the state would be transferred between the IdPs... so there must be
some state in shibd or the FCGIs that's causing trouble.

...we'll see when I can get some more debug out.

Regards,
@ndy

andyjpb at knodium.com
http://www.knodium.com/