SP Load balancing and ODBC

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 20 12:46:24 EDT 2012

On 9/20/12 12:35 PM, "Paul Brears" <pbrears at rm.com> wrote:

>I¹ve found the load balancer is un sticky enough that I do need to use
>the ODBC plugin to avoid the user entering a redirect loop trying to sign
>in between /SAML/POST and /secure.
>It appears that IE kindly opens two connection to the SP website; one of
>which lands on each server.
>
>I¹ve got ODBC basically working with an existing SQL db; however on two
>occasions it¹s got stuck.

If you're on 2.4.x, I think that's a bug that was fixed in 2.5. If it's
2.5, please file a bug. If I need more information to work it out, I'll
follow up via the bug. I'd start with eyeballing code paths and seeing if
I spot an execution path that's not catching errors. This was one such
case in 2.4 at least.

>Are there any known issues with the ODBC plugin and MS SQL using SQL
>Server Native Client 10.0?

The plugin is used by very few sites, but I record whatever I'm able to
learn about specific databases (which is very little) in the wiki.