IdP Broken resource pool - can anyone help

Rod Widdowson rdw at steadingsoftware.com
Wed Sep 19 10:18:56 EDT 2012

Before we even start:

You said:
> Tomcat 7.0.8 -> 7.0.30

But if you go to :

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPApacheTomcatPrepare

it says:

> Version Requirements/Recommendations
> Apache Tomcat 6.0.17 or greater (NOT 7)

From: users-bounces at shibboleth.net [mailto:users-bounces at shibboleth.net] On Behalf Of Baird-Parker, David
Sent: 19 September 2012 15:03
To: users at shibboleth.net
Subject: IdP Broken resource pool - can anyone help

Hi,
up to last Thursday we had a working IdP or so we appeared to have anyway.  A school raised an issue and we found our metadata
hadn’t updated for the UK Federation as it normally would – this is normally fixed by a restart of Tomcat.  I haven’t been able to
get it back to a working state and need some advice on what to do.  With the breakdown, I took the opportunity to update most of the
services on our IdP as follows:

JDK:- 1.6.23 -> 1.7.07
Shib IdP 2.3.3 -> 2.3.8
Tomcat 7.0.8 -> 7.0.30