Wrong ACS URL

Vishal K. Gandhi vgandhi at fdu.edu
Fri Sep 14 19:46:30 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am having some trouble in configuring ACS on my SP.
This might be very common configuration issue, but I couldn't figure
that out yet.

I see following logs in idp-process.log file

Relying party 'https://cmhc.fdu.edu/shibboleth-sp' requested the
response to be returned to endpoint with ACS URL
'https://test-server.fdu.edu:443/Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST'  and binding
'urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST' however no endpoint,
with that URL and using a supported binding,  can be found in the
relying party's metadata
2012-09-14 19:29:17.750 - ERROR
[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.idp.profile.AbstractSAMLProfileHandler:429]
- No return endpoint available for relying party
https://test-server.fdu.edu/shibboleth-sp

The problem I think is SP expecting assertion at URL
https://test-server.fdu.edu:443/Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST, but in
reality I think that should go to
https://test-server.fdu.edu/Shibboleth.sso/SAML2/POST (Same url but
without port 443)

I tried changing my apache configuration in following ways but none of
the following work.
1. httpd.conf
     I tried ServerName test-server.fdu.edu:443
     I also tried ServerName test-server.fdu.edu
2. ssl.conf
     Under <VirtualHost _Default:443>
     I tried ServerName test-server.fdu.edu:443
     I also tried ServerName test-server.fdu.edu

I'd appreciate if I get some guidance over this.

Thanks.

-- Vishal Gandhi --