scripted attribute definition produces a null attribute

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Thu Oct 11 10:36:58 EDT 2012

* Peter Schober <peter.schober at univie.ac.at> [2012-10-11 16:29]:
> * Sean McHugh <sean8sean at gmail.com> [2012-10-11 16:01]:
> > So, since i've already agreed to the attribute name, the best
> > course, I guess, is to fix the code and then create a new attribute,
> > non-scripted, that contains the dash.
>
> No. The attribute's id is internal to the IdP, that's irrelevant and
> invisible to outside parties.
> See the thread
> "scripted attribute definition: non-JavaScript/non-Rhino ?"
> where I had the exact same problem for the exact same reason (also
> with Scott helping out), maybe that'll help.

More to the point:

This id:

* Sean McHugh <sean8sean at gmail.com> [2012-10-11 15:22]:
>     <resolver:AttributeDefinition id="zonza-groups" xsi:type="Script"
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

needs to match the name of the attribute (or variable you intend to
hold that) you create in your scripted attribute definition:

>                 zonzagroups = new BasicAttribute("zonza-groups");

(id) "zonza-groups" != (variable name) "zonzagroups".

You could simply rename the AttributeDefinition's id attribute and
fix up the rest of your attribute-resolver.xml (dependencies, I
assume) and your attribute-filter.xml for releasing it based on the
new internal name.
Or change the variable name, if the scriping language employed
supports variable with dashes in them, I don't know.
-peter