How to not Notify in the ApplicationOverride

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 15 09:49:32 EST 2012

On 11/15/12 8:14 AM, "Martin Haase" <Martin.Haase at DAASI.de> wrote:

>in a test SP, I have a Logout <Notify ...> Element specified in
>ApplicationDefaults, but I do not want any Notification in the
>ApplicationOverride. How am I supposed to configure this? Documentation
>states a Notify is inherited, and can be overridden, but it does not
>seem to be possible to override with "nothing". At least, an empty
><Notify> without any attributes loads fine, but logs an ERROR once
>Logout is triggered.

Yes, I doubt you can. There are a handful of cases like that. What you
have to do is define a second override for your "default" behavior, and
map everything that isn't part of your new override to the second one.

I think fixing this is more likely to be a far off thing, but please open
a bug on it so it's tracked. I can add to it with some of the other areas
that have this problem.