logout and misc Qs --shib idp

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 6 10:49:06 EST 2012

On 11/6/12 10:33 AM, "Peter Schober" <peter.schober at univie.ac.at> wrote:

>* Steven Carmody <Steven_Carmody at brown.edu> [2012-11-06 15:34]:
>> 1) I think a checkbox during login to bypass SSO on shared machines is a
>> fairly crucial feature at this point to at least allow users with clue
>> to protect themselves.
>
>Jfyi: https://issues.shibboleth.net/jira/browse/SIDP-289

I don't think there is any clean way to do it in V2, though it's
straightforward to do in a custom login handler when the PrevSession
handler is turned off.

There is a way I can think of to do it more generically, but it's touching
very brittle code that I'm not going to touch. There have been too many
regressions in that code and we're not risking more.

It will be very straightforward to do, or to add after the fact, to V3.