Getting 403 error trying to config ECP on Tomcat

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 1 21:10:27 EDT 2012

On 11/1/12 8:17 PM, "Mark John Rank" <rankm at uwm.edu> wrote:

>I will take a look at the container logs again. Nothing was jumping out.
>I was having trouble initially getting Tomcat startup to recognize
>the login.config and there were some errors but I thought I killed them
>all.

Clearly some if it's binding.

>The role config has proven temperamental and I will admit it exceeds
>my understanding a bit. I tried leaving it out and variations of
>wildcards without success. I will try and poke around at logging some
>more and see if that points me a direction.

I've used '*' very universally, it's just that on newer Tomcat and Jetty
servers you have to set some non-default properties to get it to work
since it's outside the servlet spec to do it. But I did it on Tomcat 6 and
on Jetty now. So unless you need the role thing for some reason, I would
definitely use it and get that working.