Shibboleth SP with Windows IIS7 and MVC

Ina Müller ina.mueller at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed May 16 07:14:20 BST 2012

> However, Shibboleth stops working when the IIS points to the web
> application written in MVC codes.

we have Shib protected asp.net applications in both WebForms and MVC3
style. We didn't see any difference with Shib ISAPI filter.

Do you host the MVC app at WebSite root? Then I could imagine, that the
MVC routing module would intercept with the Shibboleth.sso handler, so
you should test your MVC app under sub url (localhost/mymvcapp). If the
Shibboleth.sso/Status still not working, your problem is not MVC routing.