Shibboleth SP getting progressively slower

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Thu Mar 29 12:27:53 BST 2012

* Martin Haase <martin.haase at daasi.de> [2012-03-29 13:19]:
> Right, but I must assume (still have to verify with the customer) that
> the IdP is not under my control, possibly also not a Shib IdP. This is
> why I asked specifically for the SP side.

If this is happening as an effect of load testing/monitoring I'd say
the IdP can't be taken out of the equation (or responsibility).
If this happens with normal (end user) access then that's a different
matter (not of the same NameID causing an ever-growing data structure
in the SP's memory). Using ulimit and/or some httpd MPM other than
prefork would then be advisable (another if: if you're not doing that
already).
-peter