Tomcat Config Question

Tom Poage tfpoage at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 12 17:34:12 GMT 2012

If this helps, I use mod_proxy_ajp for ports 443 and 8443, and the
following connector declaration (i.e. we don't use the 'dta-ssl' jar).

We do it this way is largely for historical reasons. I also tend to find
some things easier to do in httpd configuration than Tomcat's. I plan to
dust off Jetty in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

server.xml:

> <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" address="127.0.0.1" enableLookups="false" tomcatAuthentication="false" />

There is an 8080 connector, as well, but it's firewalled off to all but
localhost and a handful of internal addresses for testing.

httpd config:

> Listen 443
> Listen 8443
> NameVirtualHost *:443
> NameVirtualHost *:8443
> <VirtualHost *:443>
>   ServerName shibboleth.ucdavis.edu:443
>   <Location /idp/Authn/RemoteUser>
>     Require valid-user
>   </Location>
>   ProxyPass /idp/ ajp://localhost:8009/idp/
> </VirtualHost>

> <VirtualHost *:8443>
>   ServerName shibboleth.ucdavis.edu:8443
>   ProxyPass /idp/ ajp://localhost:8009/idp/
> </VirtualHost>

Tom.