Losing Previous Session Cookie

Chad La Joie lajoie at itumi.biz
Tue Mar 6 13:39:42 GMT 2012

Well, there is way more messages in the archive related to this than
just Vishal's.

I've written up a section about this on the common error's page here:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPTroubleshootingCommonErrors#IdPTroubleshootingCommonErrors-AuthenticationIssues

Give it a read.  The short answer is that unless you specifically
configured you're IdP to do this the issue is with your environment,
not the IdP, and you need to track it down.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 20:26, Christopher Bland <chris at fdu.edu> wrote:

> Chad,
>
> Just to be on the safe side I rechecked the archives there were many
> similar but I did not find anyone with my particular issue.  There was a
> post earlier from one of my co-workers but the response to his post was not
> a fix for our issue.  I included the logs in my initial post hoping that
> more experience eyes may see the issue right away because I am missing it.
> Our SP works as expected with development IDP-A but doesn't with
> pre-production IDP-B.  We have compared configs line by line even to the
> point of using configs from IDP-A (modifying the hostname of course) and
> still the problem persists.
>
> -Chris
>
> On 3/5/12 6:46 PM, Chad La Joie wrote:
>
> Search the list archives.  This has come up a number of times, a few
> recently.
>
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 18:31, Christopher Bland <chris at fdu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
>
> I'm having a problem with previous session on a new v2.3.5 IDP.  After
> initial authentication, if I clear my SP cookies and login again, I can
> see
> where the previous session is found.  However it gets lost.
>

> --
> Christopher Bland
> Systems Manager
> Information Systems and Technology
> 1000 River Road, Teaneck NJ 07666
> Mail Stop: T-BH1-01
> : 201-692-2414 | : 201-692-2494 | : chris at fdu.edu
> "Fairleigh Dickinson University will never
>                                  ask for your password. Please do not
> share it with others!"

Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz