Why IDP Prompts for login every time?

Vishal K. Gandhi vgandhi at fdu.edu
Mon Mar 5 18:18:54 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am participating in deployment of a new IDP server (v2.3.5) and
experiencing a strange problem.
When user requests resources on SP side, the SP redirects user to IDP
for authentication.  User gets access to the resources through SP after
successful authentication which I believe expected behaviour.  The
interesting part is that the IDP asks for authentication (username and
password page) again if local logout is performed on SP side only.  SP
is not configured to logout from IDP yet.  It is configured to perform
only LOCAL logout.

I've set up a test IDP server with exactly same version which appears to
be working fine.  It recognizes existing session with browser and
doesn't ask to re-authenticate.
I compared all the configuration files from this test IDP server with
those on new IDP server and both the sides look identical to me.  This
leaves me very curious here and I can't seem to find what's that
different between both of these servers.

Has anyone experience similar sort of problem.  Any ideas to find and
resolve the issues will be really appreciated.

Thanks.