Salesforce with Shibboleth IdP

Eric Goodman ericg at ucsc.edu
Mon Jun 11 19:16:54 BST 2012

This is not really answering your direct question, but tangentially we had
this issue with a different vendor.

Our solution was to verify that the vendor's SAML client still verified the
message signature. Knowing the signature was checked, that ssl was being
used on all of the SAML transactions, and that the data being sent was
relatively benign (ePPN in this case) we got the okay to integrate without
encrypted assertions.

--- Eric