Programmatic Access to SP Attributes

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 31 14:33:35 EDT 2012

> So I have a WebLogic 12c IdP "working" with a Shibboleth SP for version 2.4.3
> running on IIS 7.5.  The IdP and SP are both running on my local machine,
> while I figure out how to do all this.  There are some page protection issues,
> but I worked around them by hitting the /Login with a target parameter set
> to the site I need to have SSO access to (I'm more worried about the
> communications between IdP and SP than site protection at the moment).

If you're not protecting the pages at all, then there's no data for your to read there. So it's the same issue.

> Now comes my problem.  I can't figure out how to retrieve that value, which
> would be used to display the active user.  When I set tracing on for the ASP
> .NET page, I can see that a _shibsession object is added to the ALL_HTTP
> elements only after the SSO actions have been completed.

That's a cookie, not an object. Just because it's there doesn't mean the filter knows it's suppoed to do anything, and if it's not protecting your pages, then it doesn't know to do anything.