A question about load balancers and Terracotta clustering

Wessel, Keith William kwessel at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:08:03 EDT 2012

Mark,

That was it!!! Thank you so much. My searches were the list archives and Google, but not Gira. Best check that next time.

I made the grave error of not upgrading my tc-config.xml. It's entirely possible that this broke when we moved from 2.1.5 to 2.3.X and is currently broken in production, but I think I would have heard about it by now were that the case. I suspect the move to RH6 from RH4 was the issue, though I'm not sure why as we're using locally installed versions of Tomcat, Terracotta and Java.

FYI, we're now running smoothly on our test cluster with Tomcat 6.0.35, Java 6U33, Terracotta 3.6.2, and the latest versions of tim-vector 2.7.1 and tim-tomcat-6.0 2.3.2. Everything's working fine.

For anyone who might run across this in the future, I just took the <application></application> section of the tc-config.xml from the Shib wiki clustering page and put it in place of that section in our older tc-config.xml. Problem solved.

Thanks again, all, for the help and suggestions over the past couple weeks.

Keith