A question about load balancers and Terracotta clustering

Christopher Bongaarts cab at umn.edu
Fri Jul 13 17:22:26 EDT 2012

On 7/13/2012 3:33 PM, Wessel, Keith William wrote:

> &* I know My remote X display is working as I can open an xterm. *
> the ~/.dev-console.log.0 file gets created but nothing's in it. * I
> even tried copying my tc-config.xml to ~/.AdminClient.xml to see if
> it'd be happier with a config file.
>
> All it does when I run dev-console.sh is creates the
> .dev-console.log.0 if it doesn't exist then terminates.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might add to the JAVA_OPTS
> or elsewhere to get this thing to give me some debugging info? Or has
> anyone seen this behavior before?

I run my dev console remotely  - copy the terracotta distribution to
your local workstation, set JAVA_HOME and TC_INSTALL_DIR variables
appropriately (TC_INSTALL_DIR will default correctly if you run
dev-console.sh/bat from its own dir), and off you go.

It runs quite happily on Windows XP and 7, connecting to terracotta
servers on Solaris and Linux.

The dev console doesn't need access to the tc-config.xml - you configure
connections within the dev console.
--
%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts   %%  cab at umn.edu          %%
%%  OIT - Identity Management  %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%