A question about load balancers and Terracotta clustering

Christopher Bongaarts cab at umn.edu
Wed Jul 11 15:14:41 EDT 2012

On 7/11/2012 1:30 PM, Wessel, Keith William wrote:

> Seems like something's happening when the IDP tries to write back to
> the Terracotta store at this point. I see no logs, client or server,
> on the Terracotta side corresponding with this timestamp, and I'm
> unclear how to turn up logging for Terracotta. Any suggestions on
> either getting more in the idp-process.log or the terracotta logs at
> this point from anyone would be very much appreciated.

For troubleshooting this, I would fire up the dev console, go to
Platform/Clustered Heap/Object Browser, and search through the MapEntry
with key=session for the session object itself.

> Also, can I assume that this means the session was successfully
> RETRIEVED from the Terracotta store at this point based on what the
> IDP found in the cookie? Just trying to figure out if I can even read
> into this that we're reading from the Terracotta store alright.

If you're hitting a different server than before, then yes.

--
%%  Christopher A. Bongaarts   %%  cab at umn.edu          %%
%%  OIT - Identity Management  %%  http://umn.edu/~cab  %%