A question about load balancers and Terracotta clustering

Paul Hethmon paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com
Tue Jul 3 22:54:10 BST 2012

On 7/3/12 5:28 PM, "Cantor, Scott" <cantor.2 at osu.edu> wrote:

>On 7/3/12 5:19 PM, "Paul Hethmon" <paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com>
>wrote:
>>
>>If someone wants it, let me know, it will give me a reason to get it
>>packaged up and made available.
>
>Speaking from the project perspective, we *really* could use it out there
>if we're going to move to that for V3, since it will get the basic kinks
>tested ahead of that.
>
>If I can do anything to facilitate getting it out (I know what a pain it
>is), let me know.

I'll spend some time packaging it up separately for distribution. It's not
going to be too hard to update an IdP with it, drop in an additional jar
and modify a couple of configuration files. More testing would certainly
be a good thing.

I struggled on and off with Terracotta before I finally got fed up with
it. Great concept but I could not get it stable. The GC cycles would kill
me, not too mention the memory requirements.

I thought Chad had decided to move to a session store via cookies for v3?

Paul