logging

Chad La Joie lajoie at itumi.biz
Wed Jan 25 12:37:31 GMT 2012

The IdP using logback as its logging framework.  If you're seeing
something that the logback documentation says should work but doesn't
then your best bet is to ask on their list.  We wouldn't be able to
address bugs in their library.

Looking at their docs and our example I don't see a problem.  An issue
that logback has had in the past is that it doesn't roll log files if
the process, the IdP in this case, is not running when the logs would
normally be rolled over.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 07:09, Christian Bösch <boesch at fhv.at> wrote:
> hi list,
>
> i configured shib idp to delete older logfiles than 7 days like documented here with <MaxHistory>7</MaxHistory>
> https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/IdPProdLogging
> but the logfiles are not deleted at all.
> any ideas?
>
> /thanks,chris

Chad La Joie
www.itumi.biz