interop with ADFS 2

mgms at virtuall.com mgms at virtuall.com
Thu Jan 19 14:56:36 GMT 2012

Hi Paul,

The simply answer to your question is what you were told about ADFSv2 only
accepting ssl/tls connections is true for all sides of the equation - IDP,
SP & attribure store.  So unless the endpoints can enable SSL you will
need to get creative with your architecture to use ADFS.

mike

> So I've got a new SP that is using ADFS 2 for SAML support. They
are
> telling me that ADFS 2 will not interoperate with an IdP
unless that IdP
> uses SSL. So if the IdP only supports ACS
locations with "http", they are
> saying ADFS refuses to
work.

> I've read what I can find and while many
examples use "https" endpoints, I
> can't find anything
which says its required. Does anyone have any
> knowledge of
whether ADFS can use http only?

> thanks,
>
> Paul