Newbie Questions

Sabo, Eric Eric.Sabo at calu.edu
Thu Dec 13 07:45:02 EST 2012

I don't know if this is the correct list for general questions.

We are just looking for advice on the following questions:
                Physical vs Virtual  (We would prefer virtual - We don't know if there are any drawbacks doing so)
                Windows vs Linux (We would prefer Windows as our staff have more experience on this OS and no cost would occur in terms of licenses - Are there any drawbacks?)  (Are there are functional limitations to using Windows?)
                Hardware Sizing - Are these the minimum?
3.0   MHz Core2 Duo Pentium-4 (or equivalent) processor
2         GB of memory
160 GB of disk space

Any directions or feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Eric Sabo