Resolving Tomcat GenericPrincipal roles to attributes?

Nathan Mische nmische at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 09:46:01 EST 2012

Hello,

We currently have a Shibboleth 2.5 IdP instance running on Tomcat 6 using
container based authentication and the remote user login handler. We would
like to expose the Tomcat principal's roles as attributes, is this possible?

I see that if we move to the external authentication login handler we
should be able to attach the Tomcat principal to the httpRequest object we
send back to the AuthenticationEngine, I'm just not sure if it is possible
to then query that principal's roles in an attribute resolver.

Any direction anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Nathan