Missing or invalid signature on assertion

Wavyne Belance wbelance at luc.edu
Wed Aug 29 14:54:34 EDT 2012

AA

We are configuring shibboleth to interact with a PingFederate SP, but we are getting the below error message:

Missing or invalid signature (UNVERIFIED commentary: [Not checking signature with configured verification cert AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF:GG because it does not match the embeded certificate in the signature.]) on assertion (ID=_99999999999999999999). All assertions must have valid signatures because the Response was not signed or the system is configured to require a signed assertion from (our idp)

It appears that our metadata cert doesn't match the SAML assertion cert that is being transmitted. Can something explain why this has occurred and what can be done to fix it?

TIA