Any Thoughts/Recommendations on Load Sharing and Failover?

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Aug 22 13:47:35 EDT 2012

On 8/22/12 11:59 AM, "Christopher Bongaarts" <cab at umn.edu> wrote:

>But we are still interested in restoring some state, to support some
>semblance of single logout (despite the caveats) and to support Artifact
>(Scott K.'s wiki images use case).  We're planning to revisit it when
>IdP 3 is available.

The best option for artifact is to get the SAML 2 feature allowing indexed
artifact endpoints supported. It's not supposed to be necessary to cluster
artifact state.

The downside is you need dedicated SOAP endpoints with different
certificate names but that's a small price to pay for avoiding clustering.