Report of success with SP and IdP test servers, apache 1.3, nginx and SSL off-loading

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Fri Apr 20 11:33:53 BST 2012

* Gernot Hassenpflug <ha4h-grnt at asahi-net.or.jp> [2012-04-20 11:30]:
> I'd like to lay out below my experience setting up several
> variations of a shibboleth SP and IdP in-house on CentOS4.8
> servers. Most of the setup is on the SP side.

Great to hear that stuff can be made to run on such ancient and mostly
unsupported software (MySQL 4? httpd 1.3?), though most of what you
write seems to be very specific for your environment and so should not
be followed by anyone else.

> If it is all bog-standard as far as the developers and expert
> shibboleth users are concerned, then at least it can stand as an
> example for users just starting out with configuring shibboleth.

There's a dedicated "getting started" page for users starting out:
https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/NativeSPGettingStarted

> IdP Installation/Configuration:
>
> IdP installation was largely trouble-free, using available RPMs on
> shibboleth SUSE download site

There are RPM packages available for the IdP?
-peter