Query on Identity and Access Management

Peter Schober peter.schober at univie.ac.at
Thu Apr 19 15:13:51 BST 2012

* Cantor, Scott <cantor.2 at osu.edu> [2012-04-19 16:09]:
> >One of the additional requirement I'm facing is to implement the
> >Identity and Access Management. Looking for some best open source
> >solution that will easily integrate to Shibboleth setup (which is
> >running with TFA).
>
> You might want to monitor this conversation:
> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OSIdM4HE/OSIdM4HE+Initiative
>
> I don't think there's a coherent, complete open source IAM stack, which is
> an issue that that group is trying to look at.

Also (stating the obvious), Identity and Access Management is not so
much something you can install/deploy, but a lengthy and often painful
process, involving many organizational units, stakeholders, etc.
Access Management itself may not be a fully solved problem, even
technically (depending on what you man/want, whether standard
protocols are relevant, etc.)
-peter