Listener won't start after modifying config for Shib IdP delegation plugin configuration

Karla Borecky kborecky at smith.edu
Wed Apr 18 18:28:57 BST 2012

Hello, Shibboleth Fans -

I have edited my IdP configuration files according to the delegation plugin
INSTALL.txt file, but tomcat is throwing errors (found in localhost log)
about the very first things I added to the internal.xml file. This is what
the section looks like with the beans added to the "list" element of the
OpensamlConfig:

 <!-- Spring configuration file that bootstraps OpenSAML -->
    <bean id="shibboleth.OpensamlConfig"
class="edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.common.config.OpensamlConfigBean"
depends-on="shibboleth.LogbackLogging">
        <constructor-arg>
            <list>
                <bean id="shibMetadataExtensions"
class="org.opensaml.util.resource.ClasspathResource">
                    <constructor-arg
value="/shibboleth-saml-ext-config.xml" />
                </bean>
             <!-- following three elements added to base configuration -->
               <bean id="libertySOAPBindingProviders"
class="org.opensaml.util.resource.ClasspathResource">
                    <constructor-arg
value="/liberty-soap-binding-config.xml" />
                </bean>
                <bean id="libertyDiscoProviders"
class="org.opensaml.util.resource.ClasspathResource">
                    <constructor-arg value="/disco-config.xml" />
                </bean>
                <bean id="libertySecurityProviders"
class="org.opensaml.util.resource.ClasspathResource">
                    <constructor-arg value="/sec-config.xml" />
                </bean>
            </list>
        </constructor-arg>
        <property name="parserPool" ref="shibboleth.ParserPool" />
    </bean>

It seemed to be unhappy about missing classes and xml files, so I
double-checked and the jar files are in place, and they seem to contain all
the bits the log file mentions. To see if there was a more basic problem, I
tried moving element 2 (libertyDiscoProviders) to the top of the list, and
sure enough, it then complained about that one. (This is reflected in the
log excerpt.)

So is there something basic and stupid I missed with the XML format or
rules I violated here? or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance,
Karla B

Attached: localhost log (edited to remove duplicate events), internal.xml

--
Karla Borecky
Systems Administrator