IdP access to server environment variables

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 30 03:42:00 BST 2011

On 9/29/11 10:24 PM, "Liam Hoekenga" <liamr at umich.edu> wrote:

>I apologize - I'm not really a java guy.

This isn't Java, it's Javascript. It's not at all the same, to the point
that it can seriously trip you up.

>logger.debug("test = "
>+requestContext.getInboundMessageTransport().getAttribute('COSIGN_FACTOR')
>);
>
>does seem to return an object...
>
>22:09:29.218 - DEBUG
>[edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.resolver.Script.umichCosignFactor:-2]
> -
>test = ${COSIGN_FACTOR}

I think that means that the value of that attribute is not what you think
it is. Are you doing something wrong in Apache trying to "set" that
environment variable? I think you're setting it to exactly that string.

>I can't seem to cast it into a string.
>
>(String)requestContext.getInboundMessageTransport().getAttribute('COSIGN_F
>ACTOR')

I don't think that's legal JavaScript.