Beginner ECP question

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 27 18:58:04 BST 2011

On 9/27/11 1:44 PM, "Terry Soucy" <terry.soucy at unb.ca> wrote:

>Can I expect ECP to be working "out of the box" with the latest IdP?

No, that's not possible. Authentication is left to the container right now
so is not part of the IdP and can't be automated.

>In relying-party.xml, there is a DefaultRelyingParty configuration
>that includes a ProfileConfiguration for SAML2ECP.  Will I have to
>re-define this under the relying-party config for the entityId I have
>configured for ECP?

Which entityID? You mean the SP? You shouldn't need entries for SPs, not
in general anyway. The default is fine.

>Is there anything else I need to look at before ECP will work?

Mainly authentication, possibly via web.xml and container, or Apache, or
something else.