CharacterEscapingStrategy (LDAPValueEscapingStrategy) in attribute-resolver.xml

Rockwell, Lucas Lucas.Rockwell at ucsf.edu
Fri Sep 9 00:08:50 BST 2011

Hello all,

Is there an example on how to use/set CharacterEscapingStrategy, and in particular the LDAPValueEscapingStrategy, in an LDAPDirectory DataConnector in attribute-resolver.xml? I have searched the wiki and this page does not have an example:

https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/ResolverLDAPDataConnector

We are going to allow people to qualify their AD domain, so we need to escape the value of $requestContext.principalName before it is sent to LDAP, as the "\" will produce an invalid filter.

Many thanks.

-lucas