Contributed bat file for xmlsectool

Roy, Nicholas S nicholas-roy at uiowa.edu
Fri Oct 14 23:07:14 BST 2011

We are a pretty solidly Windows-based shop in the identity management space at Iowa, and as such, we often find ourselves adapting various technology aimed at *nix systems to work on Windows.  One of those things is the xmlsectool.  Here is a quick-n-dirty port of the included bash script to a batch file.  It might be nice to include this, or a cleaned-up version of it with error checking, with the xmlsectool distribution.

<script>
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
SET LOCATION=%~dp0
SET JAVACMD=%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java
SET LOCALCLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\classes.zip
SET LIBDIR=%LOCATION%\lib

FOR /f %%a IN ('DIR /b %LIBDIR%\*.jar') DO SET LOCALCLASSPATH=!LOCALCLASSPATH!;%LIBDIR%\%%a

"%JAVACMD%" -Xmx256m -classpath %LOCALCLASSPATH% -Djava.endorsed.dirs=%LIBDIR%\endorsed -Dedu.internet2.middleware.security.XmlSecTool.home=%LOCATION% edu.internet2.middleware.security.XmlSecTool %*
</script>

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Roy - Identity Architect
The University of Iowa / ITS - Administrative Information Systems / Directory and Authentication