SP - IdP Redirects Question
obiasotti at highwire.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:16:13 GMT 2011
Hello Shibboleth Developers,
As I am new to Shibboleth and working on porting a current SP Shibboleth app to a new system, I have so roadblocks I hope someone can help me with.
Here are some questions I have:
1) After my SP forwards the user to the IdP Url with EntityId=<IdP> , and IdP authenticates the user, what process is used for the IdP to forward the user back to my site.
a) Is it only through configurations in shibboleth2.xml on my shibboleth server
2) Are there any parameters attached to the URL that IdP modifies before forwarding the user back to me
3) Is it through some other mechanism
2) Is the user redirected back to the same location that redirected the user to the IdP or different.
3) When I receive the redirected reply from IdP, is the profile information about the user already there, or do I need to create/generate it.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
1454 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto CA 94304
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the users