Shib IdP 2.3.5 + ECP

Cantor, Scott cantor.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 23 15:59:00 GMT 2011

On 11/23/11 10:50 AM, "Chad La Joie" <lajoie at shibboleth.net> wrote:

>Well, I can only go by what the spec says, not what you were thinking
>when you wrote it.

There's no text in there about what the client capabilities are, it's
written in terms of SP instructions to the IdP (and client in the ECP
case). The case we're talking about doesn't involve the SP's requirements
at all.

>That said, if you think there needs to be a profile configuration option
>that allows the IdP to indicate that a request coming in should be
>passive, you should probably file an RFE for it on IdPv3 otherwise I'm
>not going to remember.

I will, but I think there needs to be something added to ECPv2 also, not
sure what yet.