null principal in attribute resolver

Paul Hethmon paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com
Tue Nov 22 16:59:36 GMT 2011

You need to set your IdP logging level to debug and follow what happens in the logs for these cases.

--

Paul Hethmon
Chief Software Architect
e) paul.hethmon at clareitysecurity.com

From: Daniele Russo <ruda76 at gmail.com<mailto:ruda76 at gmail.com>>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:56:28 +0100
To: Shibboleth Users <users at shibboleth.net<mailto:users at shibboleth.net>>
Subject: Re: null principal in attribute resolver

Anyone have this same problem?
No solutions?

2011/11/21 Daniele Russo <ruda76 at gmail.com<mailto:ruda76 at gmail.com>>
Hi all, I have a strange problem with shibboleth IDP 2.3.5.
IDP is configured with UsernamePassword login handler, I use tigish library to authenticate users on the DB.
All works, but occasionally IDP doesn't return attributes to SP and this strange problem only occurs in production enviroment.
In debugging I noticed that the principal is enhanced in the authentication phase, while in the attribute resolver phase is null.
This problem occurs with various operating systems and browsers.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; it; rv:1.9.2.23) Gecko/20110920 Firefox/3.6.23
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1

Thanks

Daniele