JSP Compilation Problems with 2.3.3

Marvin Addison marvin.addison at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 12:50:02 BST 2011

We have a couple custom JSP pages that are generating errors upon
upgrading to 2.3.3.  The simplest is a one-liner forward that is
generating the following error:

Aug 14, 2011 7:41:52 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: 22 in the generated java file
The method getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for
the type JspFactory

We have another page with JSTL tags that's throwing the following:

Aug 14, 2011 7:44:52 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be resolved in either web.xml
or the jar files deployed with this application

We have included additional jars in our IDP build including the jstl
libs to support our customizations.  This feels like a classpath
issue, but I can't pinpoint the conflict.  Any suggestions to resolve
this issue?

Thanks,