The Shibboleth software:
- Integrates with most authentication and directory systems, extending your users' reach into other organizations and new services;
- Speaks widely-used standard federated identity protocols and interoperate with identity solutions from most major vendors;
- Provides the authentication and authorization infrastructure for diverse, multilateral collaborations;
- Scales for deployments involving thousands of partners and handling millions of authentication transactions per day.
However, the Shibboleth software is freely available, so why contribute to the Shibboleth Consortium?
By becoming a member of the Shibboleth Consortium you will:
- Enable us to continue to contribute time and effort to user support.
- Enable our developers to continue to contribute to SAML standard development.
- Know that you are supporting actual development time, not product pricing.
- Help us grow the base of developers contributing to Shibboleth.
- Help us address more of the development requirements requested by the community.
- Influence the direction of Shibboleth via the Shibboleth Board.